Quoting Mark Sapiro ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Paul Tomblin wrote:
>
> >And so one thing i'm looking at
> >would be a way to send an announcement to all the lists on my server.   I
> >understand that you can send mail to a list with an x-approved with the
> >list password, but can you do the same with the admin password?
>

> If by admin password, you mean the site password, then No.
>
> You can include an Approve: or Approved: (not X-Approved:) header with
> either the list admin or list moderator password to get the message
> unconditionally accepted. You cannot use the site password for this.
> This is intentional to discourage sending the site password in the
> clear in email.

You mean that if people used the Approve: header that Mailman doesn't
strip it out before it sends it?  That seems like a huge security hole.

Is there a command line tool to approve messages?

--
Paul Tomblin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://blog.xcski.com/
"All life is transitory. A dream. We all come together in the same place at