On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:30:38 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brian Carpenter writes:
> [ IIRC it was Attila Kinali who wrote: ]
>
>  > > If yahoo wants to receive mails from my server (and i'm sure
>  > > they want because their users subscribed to my lists), then
>  > > they have to play nice like everyone else too.
>  >
>  > I like your attitude!
>
> You're welcome to like the attitude, but it's really just the flip
> side of Yahoo's.  The problem is spam, not Yahoo, and Yahoo serves a
> clientele that in general cares more about spam getting through when
> they don't want it than ham not getting through when they do want it.

You are right, the key problem is Spam. But the way yahoo behaves
is like the DDR (Problem: People are running away, Solution: errect
a wall and shot everyone who tries to get over it), it might seem
to be working for the higher ups, but if you really look at what
you are doing, you have to reallize that you are just making it worse.

Actualy, i'm not angry at them, because they try to get a solution
to the spam problem, but rather that they are also hitting legitimate
users and refuse to talk about possible solutions.

I care about the users of the mailinglists i manage. If i see
that anyone has a problem that might be on my side, i try to
contact them to figure out how to solve it. It was a lot of
work in the first months, but the result now is that our mail
setup works very well and that even strange and broken setups
on the receiving side have little or no effects.

I also made the observation, that if i, as a mail server admin,
contact an ISP about problems that might be on their side, that
they are very responsive and helpfull in finding a solution.

It's just yahoo that behaves like a black sheep in this game.

                        Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred