Brian Carpenter wrote:

>I find it very problematic when a large ISP such as AOL and Yahoo allows their
>users to define what is spam is and what is not.

Well, in one sense, only the final recipient can determine what is spam
and what is not, but I certainly agree that providing a "this is spam"
button that a user can click by accident or for any number of spurious
reasons, and then using that click to label the sending server as a
(possible, probable, ?) spam source is fraught with difficulty.

I would hope that any service that does this would make it simple for
senders to get reports of this so they can try to address people's
problems. I think AOL does, although I haven't tried to sign up for
their feedback loop.

Certainly Yahoo doesn't seem to make it easy (although I just submitted
their request form, we'll see), and it is not easy (so far impossible
for me) to get on Microsoft's Junk Mail Reporting Partner program.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,