Steve Murphy wrote at 10:03 AM 5/23/2008:

>I've noticed in the mailman-users archives, that if I view info by thread
>(using the mailman archives as an example,) which site is 2.1.10 based, that
>all email addresses are present, but with a simple obfuscation. (the "@" has
>been changed to " at ".) I can't help but to think that this simple
>obfuscation is a joke. Any harvester written in the past number of years would
>be smart enough to capture such accurately.

I think the Topica listserver had a great way to deal with email addresses in
archives. You could see a semblance of the email address, but no way could you
deduce the real address. If you are logged into the site, each is still
obscured, but is a live link that opens up an email-like dialog box -- with the
real address still obscured. But it does send an email to the real address for
the obscured address.

Pretty good way of dealing with the problem, but I have no idea if something
like this could be coded into Mailman archives.

Michael Welch, volunteer
Redwood Alliance
PO Box 293
Arcata, CA 95518