On 5/24/08, Terrence Brannon wrote:

 I posted this
 <http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg49373.html>
 and basically the whole list is having other discussions like I never
 even posted...

I didn't respond because I basically don't have any answers for you.

There's the standard stuff in the FAQ about large qrunner processes and the command-line programs, but your situation seems to be a bit different from what they're talking about, so it didn't seem relevant to me to refer you to those FAQ items.

At this point, all I can suggest is that you either wait longer for bin/discard to do it's thing, or you manually remove the relevant files with rm. Of course, you'll probably want to do that while Mailman is shut down, and you'll want to move aside and remake all relevant subdirectories because once a directory has gotten large (like tens or hundreds of thousands of files), it will never get smaller again and that will always hurt directory access times from that point forward.

In other words, basic sysadmin stuff.

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>