Thanks Stephen.

I was wrong - an attachment directory was indeed created for my second
message as well.
In looking at the creation dates for that list, they always seem to be
created sometime
the next day after 3:00 am. Since the only cron job I run at that time for
Mailman is
senddigests, I guess that is what creates it.

So I guess the difference between my message being scrubbed, and a message
on
another list not being scrubbed, is the MUA (as the content-filtering is the
same on
all of our lists (ie never touched from the original defaults)). And because
filter_content
is set to NO on all lists, I don't imagine we're doing any filtering anyway.

As for the listname.mbox file, there isn't one. That directory has always
been empty.
The attachments dfirectory is very large though.

 - jim -