I’m one of the few people who has blazed this trail on the newer versions of OS
X Server, mainly using the macports installation method with a few
modifications.  If you want to email me off the list, I can share my insights.
Alternately, search the archives for my previous posts/fixes for this, as I’ve
tried to document my challenges.

Timothy