Currently running Mailman 2.1.9 with a low-volume moderated list called kuenning-relati...@qhpress.org. I'm supposed to receive notifications of posts to be moderated at kuenning-relatives-ow...@qhpress.org, both as single notifications as the posts come in and as daily batch notifications (normally at 8:00 AM) if there are any accumulated posts from the day before.

On Aug. 31 I received, as usual, a single-post notification,
> Subject: Kuenning-Relatives post from [user@domain] requires approval
which I acted on promptly.

On Sept. 1 at 8:00 AM I received a daily summary notification,
> Subject: 1 Kuenning-Relatives moderator request(s) waiting
covering one post for which there had _not_ been a single-post notification (not the above post but a reply to it).

Again this morning, Sept. 3, I got another summary,
> Subject: 4 Kuenning-Relatives moderator request(s) waiting
covering 4 posts for _none_ of which there had been any single-post notification.

This sudden and unexpected loss of the immediate single-post notifications naturally makes it harder to moderate the posts in a timely fashion.

No changes were made to the list or the mailman setup during the relevant time period.

Where should I look in the mailman logs for clues about what's wrong? I tried cd-ing to the log directory (/var/log/mailman) and grepping for the notification address kuenning-relatives-ow...@qhpress.org, but nothing turned up.

P.S. I know I'd be better off if I could upgrade from 2.1.9 to something that can cope with DMARC, but this is a Plesk setup and I'm afraid to mess with it for fear of breaking something. Any advice about this would be welcome but isn't the main subject of this query.

--
Larry Kuenning
la...@qhpress.org