Mark Sapiro writes:

 > Are you suggesting that we ignore bounces that can be determined to be
 > due to DMARC policy.

Not *completely* ignore.  There are several independent actions we can
take based on bounces, depending on list option settings.  I'm
suggesting only that we not increment the bounce count for members.
Notifications are another matter.

 > This is an interesting idea and would help prevent "innocent" list
 > members from being "bounced" off the list, but the cost would be
 > that these innocent members don't receive some posts

I prefer to think of it as "guilty" posters don't get full
distribution of their posts. ;-)

 > and this happens "silently" so the list admins may not even be
 > aware that there is a problem. Of course, we could inundate them
 > with notices
 > ;)

Well, I'd prefer to avoid both fire and flood.[1] :-/  But this is
pretty silent already, and from the point of view of many admins,
bounced users who don't resubscribe are a cost.

 > I'd be interested in what you come up with for MM 3, and then maybe
 > consider a backport.

Sounds good to me!

 > > I should also fix the FAQ to mention the names of the new options, no?
 >

 > Both FAQs could use tweaking or more. <https://wiki.list.org/x/17891458>
 > needs more about current options and the MM 3 section at
 > <https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC> needs a significant update. I suspect
 > one of us will get to it.

Yep!  Don't wait for me, though. :-P

Steve