Hi,

yesterday, I member tried multiple times to send a to a list, from a
roundcube webmailer which is running on the same host as mailman itself.
The message is in plain text without any attachments, no HTML either.
Yet it was silently discarded by mailman. In /var/log/mailman/vette I
find the message

Jun 19 21:02:42 2020 (14835) Message discarded, msgid: <************@***>'
        list: ******,
        handler: SpamDetect

The filter configuration for the list is:

filter_mime_types = ''

pass_mime_types = """multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain"""
filter_filename_extensions = """exe
bat
cmd
com
pif
scr
vbs
cpl"""

pass_filename_extensions = ''

Can anyone say why mailman considered it to be spam? BTW, all messages
are scanned by rspamd anyway, which does an outstanding job at spam
detection, so mailman's rudimentary spam detection mechanism seems
rather superfluous to me. Can't one just turn it off altogether?

Cheers,

Johannes