On 2022-03-22 at 03:23:29 UTC-0400 (Tue, 22 Mar 2022 08:23:29 +0100)
Christian via Mailman-Users <lusche...@yahoo.de>
is rumored to have said:

Hello robertowenbere...@gmail.com. On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:01:58 -0000, you wrote:

Does the list support plus addressing?
Google and O365 support plus addressing.  This allows someone to
subscribe as myself+li...@mycompany.com when their real email address
is mys...@company.com.  The problem is that when they reply, or
generate a new message, it may be held or rejected because it is
coming from an address different than they subscribed with.

Instead of using "Plus addressing", in most (if not all) mail programs it is possible to set up rules for messages coming from a certain source. This rule can sort messages from mailinglist1 in one mail folder, and messages from mailinglist2 in another folder.

And sometimes users use plus addressing (or other related 'tagging' schemes) to support such rules.

Of course, that's not the business of a mailing list operator. We should assume that our users know what they're doing and that it isn't our business unless they need help.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire