Odhiambo Washington writes:

 > What is the simplest way to add a searchbox for the archives?

If you're talking about about Mailman 2's Pipermail, you need to
install and configure a separate application.  I think HT:Dig is most
popular, but I've only used Namazu, which worked well for me.  There's
a detailed FAQ on it: https://wiki.list.org/x/4030514, which says
there are maintained branches on LaunchPad with patches to integrate
HT:Dig.  That may be easiest.  Mark will know more when he gets back.

Another formerly somewhat popular approach is to substitute MHonArc
for Pipermail, although that software is quite old now, and I'm not
sure about its security status.

Steve