This issue slowly resolved this afternoon and GNU Mailman lists are operational again.

It was Saturday to this afternoon.

I'm pasting in the explanation below -- you only need to read further if you care why they had a service failure.  If I understand this right (I might not), they have an archive machine which is a single point of failure that had a power supply blow out.  I'm kind of wondering why the load is not distributed with some redundancy and fail-over capability?

~~~
Hello,

Please accept our apologies. On Saturday, November 26, one of the machines within our discussion list cluster had suffered a catastrophic hardware failure that impacted all discussion lists, both managing and utilizing. This machine was responsible for the bulk of the data archived for these lists.

Our technical operations team became aware of the issue when loads amongst the cluster began to rise and were unable to access the archive server for list data. After investigation, it was found that the archival machine was unreachable and required manual intervention to assess. Once the issue was discovered (bad power supply) they began discussing the proper paths forward to restore service without any data loss or data corruption. Due to the holiday season, it was decided to restore the machine with a repaired power supply and verify data integrity while planning a future maintenance to fully rebuild and reimage the machine sometime in January.

At time of writing all machines within the discussion list cluster are fully operational and list services are working as expected. If you are still experiencing any issues with discussion lists, please contact Technical Support for further assistance.

Thank you,

DreamHost Support
~~~

*Michael Reeder, LCPC
*
*Hygeia Counseling Services : Baltimore / Mt. Washington Village location*
*410-871-TALK / michael(at)hygeiacounseling.com*