On 12/13/23 01:04, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Jim Dory writes:

  > I've started getting these spamming attacks again so thought I
  > would dive into trying this recaptcha. I got the keys for V2
  > recaptcha from google and put the 2 lines at the bottom of the
  > mm_cfg.py with proper keys from google. Spelling double
  > checked. After saving the file, I can't log into the web interface
  > of mailman - I get a Bad Request error page. I commented out the
  > RECAPTCHA_*_* lines and could then access the admin web pages
  > again.

There's a lot missing here.

1.  What version of what operating system are you using?
     Ubuntu and Debian are likely to require some hoop-jumping to get
     the needed software installed.
2.  What version of Python are you using?
3.  What version of Mailman are you using?
     If it's recent enough, the listinfo.* pages will include a tag
     "<mm-recaptcha-ui>" which does all the heavy lifting for you.
4.  How did you install Mailman?  Preinstalled on a cPanel host, from
     the OS, from source in a virtual environment, other from source?

  > web admin pages. What would I add and to which files? I don't see
  > list_info under  /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/ .

Try `find /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman -name 'listinfo.*'`
and you should see a bunch of them.  Most likely you are only
interested in
     /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/templates/en/listinfo.html
and maybe the .txt version of that file if it exists, but if you offer
other languages to your users, you may need to deal with the
$TWO_LETTER_LANGUAGE_CODE/listinfo.* versions for those languages.

Thank you Stephen. Apologies for being vague.

I did find the listinfo.html file yesterday - I hadn't ever altered that
particular file directly.

1. CentOS v7.9.2009 STANDARD kvm, cPanel Version 110.0.17. I need to upgrade the OS AlmaLinux 8 by this summer. as CentOS (and the cPanel version) is deprecated. Would do it now but afraid of mucking things up. I'm just a volunteer and do this for the community - not an expert by any means.

2, Python 2.7.5

3. Mailman 2.1.39

4. Mailman installed by host. I'm on a vps with root access.

As for listinfo.html, I see 2 pertinent files. on under ../en/templates (this list is just english) and under ../lists/[name of our list]/ . The templates version includes a few lines of captcha which the lists version doesn't. Here's a snippet of the templates version:

[snip]     </td>
            <MM-Digest-Radio-Button>  Yes
        </TD>
      <mm-digest-question-end>