Jayson,

I'm not sure I'm fully knowledgeable enough in this matter to help, but maybe...

For my Mastodon VPS I use sendpulse.com as the outgoing SMTP server.  They have a surprisingly high threshold of free outbound SMTP messages they allow per month before asking you for a paid plan.  So far, I have had no problem with blocked messages, so you might try them?

FYI -- This is a company based in Ukraine with their servers in Germany, so not sure what happens if Russia makes further strides in the war.

-- Michael

*Michael Reeder, LCPC
*
*Hygeia Counseling Services : Baltimore / Mt. Washington Village location*
*410-871-TALK / michael(at)hygeiacounseling.com*