> On 13 May 2015, at 24:16, jimleff...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> What if I get myself a non-gmail email account, and have all future gmail
> forward there

I tried this in the past. I was forwarding all the gmail accounts I had
accumulated over time to an iCloud address, but somehow this never worked
reliably. Every now and then, when I checked the gmail boxes directly, there
were mails stuck in there, which didn’t get forwarded.

I ended up forwarding all the gmail accounts to one gmail account. This did
(and still does) work reliably.

I don’t know, but I have the feeling that they are doing that on purpose, maybe
to avoid that people ‘misuse’ their mail boxes as dedicated spam inboxes. (But
sincerely, isn’t that the purpose of gmail boxes? ;-)

--
Tom