On 15 Aug 2016, at 16:20, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

On 15 Aug 2016, at 9:35, Robert Brenstein wrote:

When there are attachments and when the preview is visible would be better IMHO. An alternative could be to list them in the header, like for example the tags.

I never show the preview, so that wouldn’t work for me. They could be up top somewhere too. Always visible and obvious is the goal.

This part confuses me a bit. You would like to have attachments displayed (or a list of attachments) even if the message itself is not displayed? A main window with a message list with a preview of the attachments of the currently selected message(s). (In any case, when I get around to refactoring how attachments are handled/displayed then this would quite likely be possible with a custom layout.)