On 16 Aug 2016, at 18:52, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

Sorry. I got confused there. When reading a message, I would like to be able to see the attachments all the time, so I don’t have scroll down to the bottom to see them, as currently (at least when they’re not images).

Ok, this is likely part of any future changes to how attachments are handled. In the mean time, there is a crude hack to also display attachments at the top of a message:

        defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmShowAttachmentsFirst -bool YES