Do you also see flickering if signing/encryption is disabled?

Yep, unfortunately.

https://ttys0.net/images/Preview_Pane_Flicker_Without_GPG.mov

On 24 Sep 2016, at 7:24, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 24 Sep 2016, at 2:45, Sean Johnson wrote:

Let me know if you find some pattern to this behavior…

It’s whenever the preview pane is up. I’ve tried changing different styles and whatnot, but to no avail.

It's not related to that.

Just so you can see what it looks like, here’s a screen capture with a new message :

https://ttys0.net/images/GPG_Preview_Pane_Flicker.mov

That is actually helpful. It shows that MailMate appears to update the view twice every time - losing the OpenPGP banner temporarily.

Do you also see flickering if signing/encryption is disabled?