Not sure if you’re interested in suggestions for alternate ways to call this out, but a few things occurred to me:

* You could keep the at-sign but style it differently: perhaps red and underlined would stand out enough without being too obnoxious.

* The ⛔️ or 🚫 or ☢️ emoji are round like the at-sign and indicate danger.

* Perhaps the checks used to decide to call out an at-sign could be a little more stringent. For example, a leading at-sign (some of you may recognize `@lbutlr` from another list) shouldn’t need to be called out. Same with a trailing at-sign.

* Personally I love the little skulls but making the character used configurable via `defaults` would be lovely. I think I’d probably choose 🐶 or 🐴.

Thanks for all your work on MailMate!
-sam