On 9 Sep 2020, at 14:34, Carlos Moffat wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to understand better how to use Smart Folders. I have a Smart Folder that shows emails with the Tag (also Gmail/IMAP label) “ToReply” (this allows me to mark emails to answer on the go by applying the label from my phone, or with a shortcut in MailMate) contained anywhere on my account (so I can mark an email ToReply and move it out of the Inbox if needed).

I would like the email to be removed from the Smart Folder when I reply to it. My naive understanding of this is that I could set up a rule that would remove the tag if the message is “replied”, but this of course doesn’t work unless I manually apply the rules to the folder, which defeats the purpose of the automation, so I have to manually remove the tag after I reply to the email.

Any ideas on how to make a workflow like the above work?

Make the Replied tag not being set a condition of inclusion in the Smart Folder

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)