Adding onto what Bill said, I’ve done this numerous times using `doveadm` (Dovecot IMAP backend).

I didn’t see the OP mention what they use on the server but whatever it is, one would think similar tools to `doveadm` would be available…

- - -

On 4 Apr 2023, at 14:02, Bill Cole wrote:

On 2023-04-04 at 16:20:21 UTC-0400 (Tue, 04 Apr 2023 16:20:21 -0400)
Ken Pope <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

My mail currently resides on a dedicated server managed by company X. To save money, I’m considering transferring my domains, mail, and websites from X to a dedicated server managed by company Y.

Will all the many, *many* IMAP mailboxes that MailMate has created for me disappear in the move, or will they (if the move goes well) wind up on the new server with their contents intact?

If you do it right, you can move everything.

Moving an email collection from one IMAP server to another can be as simple as dragging messages from one account to another in MM.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire