Thank you Bill & Eric!

Sounds good, I will give it a try :-)

-Sven

Am 30.01.24 um 23:58 schrieb Eric Sharakan via mailmate:
On 30 Jan 2024, at 17:33, Bill Cole wrote:

On 2024-01-30 at 14:32:34 UTC-0500 (Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:32:34 +0100)
Sven Klages <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

[...]
When using smart mailboxes as proposed in the comments of your bug report, I do
have one type/color per smart folder, that’s not the same … did I get it right?

Yes, but I think that you are missing the fact that you can create a smart
mailbox aggregating the messages of other (colored-message) smart mailboxes.
The messages keep the color assigned by the parent mailbox.

Right, all you need to do is create smart mailboxes containing the conditions you want for
coloring the messages. Then, use the Mailbox->Color submenu to choose a color for that
mailbox, and also select "Use Color in Message List". Your chosen color will be
applied not only to the messages in your smart mailbox, but also to the original messages,
wherever they reside.

It's totally flexible and has been working great for me.

-Eric