On 15-09-15 05:27 AM, Matthew Newton wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 09:49:50AM +0200, David Hofstee wrote:
I’m not sure why you cannot have an autoresponder behind the
abuse@/postmaster@ with a link in it, to a ticket, containing
the info sent in the first place. See abuse.io for example.

I got ~2,000 spam mails to our abuse address in the last three
months - so about 8,000 a year. I get about one legitimate mail per year.

I'm sure that doesn't easily scale when you get to the size of the
big mail providers, especially as you're more likely to get spam
to that address in the first place.

The rest is just ‘resistance’ in being able to solve issues.

I am not saying I agree with not having a proper abuse@ address, I
just understand why they might be reluctant to. They certainly
shouldn't feed it into a system that blindly responds to what is
usually going to be a forged sender.

But if you're big enough to host millions of mailboxes, you should
also be responsible enough to have staff to run all aspects of the
system, which includes standard ways of reporting problems such as
abuse@.

Matthew

Had an interesting talk with Tobias from Abusix the other day, they are actually making a business model of taking over your abuse@ addresses, interesting idea and business model.

The model includes the ability to auto suspend services etc..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."