On 15/9/2015 10:34, Dave Warren wrote:
On 2015-09-14 09:06, G. Miliotis wrote:
So the issue remains, what *is* the correct way to migrate to a new IP that's been blacklisted by MS and how long should it take?

This isn't just for Microsoft, but for all the big providers. Usually after a month or so, the intermittent problems stop, but in the mean time, flowing mail through the old IPs once the new ones get rejected helps keep your customers from rebelling.

Your mileage will vary.

And my mileage was an astounding 5 months.

We're blocked again in a sweeping IP range ban. I know this because 2 other servers we run on "nearby" IPs that never send mail suddenly appeared as blocked in SNDS. I'm being told "Your IP was blocked by Outlook.com because Hotmail customers have reported email from this IP as unwanted. ". Yet I've received nothing from the Junk Mail Reporting Program for months. Is that program still operational and working for you guys? I've only ever received one report.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to fight spam at hotmail's scale but I think we actually *have* the technology to not treat small operators who actually care about following good practices like this. Being effectively called incompetent and ignored in every single communication is really beginning to rub against the grain. To be honest, I feel I care much more about my customers than microsoft does about theirs.

Anyway, this is now a chicken-egg problem for me. I can set up a new server on a new IP somewhere else to relay, thus risking getting blocked like last time I moved IPs. And if/when they unblock me I can go another X months and be blocked with no reason, explanation or recourse, only to start again. This is insane.

Any suggestions from more experienced admins?

--GM

PS just in case anyone can help:
outlook.com support id SRX1329217571ID
IPs: 136.243.92.252, .253, .216, 242