On 24/3/2016 18:17, Jay Hennigan wrote:
Once third-party mailers begin using the credentials of specific freemail accounts to send bulk mail that generates a non-trivial number of complaints and/or bounces, the battle has escalated.
I am only just recently mulling this over so I haven't really thought through the consequences of a mass adoption of this.

My first thoughts on the scenario you describe is that freemail providers can have a policy that outside mail sending access is NOT for bulk mail sending, via capping rates per IP/account/etc., using paypal features, etc. It will basically come down to the same basic problem they have now: identifying bulk email senders. They'll just have extra data points with their authenticated user to make that decision plus more ways to mitigate.

--GM