>On 24-Mar-2016, at 6:33 PM, G. Miliotis<corf...@elementality.org>  wrote:
>
>In fact, as someone mentioned, we're currently looking into setting up our
outgoing SMTP servers to send via each client's freemail account via SMTP auth. So
that would cover the DMARC issue, too. Provided they don't block us, of course.

On 24/3/2016 15:27, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
You will light up their filters like a Christmas tree

--srs

Why would using valid authentication credentials to send mail originating from the actual owners of the account in question be against any policy? Isn't this why they provide access to send via SMTP in the first place?

Now if you are suggesting that they will see multiple different logins on their SMTP from the same IP address, yes they will. If they consider this an attempt at spamming, i.e. I've harvested logins via phishing and am sending spam, maybe they should improve their filters. The senders won't spamming, they will be sending extremely low volumes of mail and they will only be sending to the freemail provider's domains. They are easy to filter out, at least in my opinion.

Now if the freemail providers (in this case MS) can't be bothered with this edge case they're forcing us into, *shrug*. At least I will have tried my best for my customers.

--GM