I normally don't handle the office infrastructure and wasn't even aware
of this until this thing happened. We disabled all external forwards
and only allow pop3 fetch now if somebody wants or needs to use his own
mailbox. Thx for the advice.

On 3 Jun 2016 17:14:46 -0000
"John Levine" <jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

> >relay setting for an external user who is hosting his mail on Google
> >apps and besides simple spam filtering we relayed everything.
>
> You don't want to do that.  The approach I've found that works least
> badly is to do stringent spam filtering (spamassassin with a threshold
> of about 4), forward the stuff that passes, and put the rest in a
> local mailbox that is polled by POP3 from the Google account.  That's
> easy to set up, and he'll get all of his mail eventually.  If Google
> puts stuff in the spam folder that he wants, not your problem.
>
> R's,
> John

Kind regards,

/ Tobias Herkula

--
optivo GmbH
Head of Deliverability & Abuse Management

Tel: +49(0)30-768078-129
Fax: +49(0)30-768078-499

Email:    mailto:t.herk...@optivo.com
Website:  http://www.optivo.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tobiasherkula

Commercial register: HRB 88738 District Court Berlin-Charlottenburg
Executive board: Dr. Rainer Brosch, Thomas Diezmann
Vat reg. no.: DE813696618

optivo A company of Deutsche Post DHL Group