Brandon Long via mailop wrote:
If your mail server doesn't expect to get forwarded mail, I can see using SPF like that.

If you do expect to get forwarded mail, then it seems likely to cause more false positives than it's worth.

I don't see that... Renaud just quoted https://www.iplocation.net/email-delivery-problems "Many mail servers refuse to accept emails from an IP address without SPF record" not that the SPF record should be restrictive when it comes to forwarded mail.... remembering the SPF is just to identify the places where a domains email may originate and whether the set policy is to be enforced or just used for information. SPF doesn't stop forwarded email unless configured to do so... and not forgetting we're talking about where you're sending to, not about you receiving in this context. Ie I may choose not to accept email from domains without SPF, if google.com doesn't have an SPF record it would just stop you sending to me, if you put in a +all or ?all record into google.com's DNS I would accept your email...

Regards,

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/