On 6 Dec 2016, at 22:40, John Levine wrote:

In article <5ef35d60-7f27-4b35-b2e8-53a20aa61...@blighty.com> you write:
I know there's no standard header for storing the envelope recipients for a message (for good reason, especially
when it comes to Bccs) but there are times when it's useful.

Does anyone know of a system that does that? I'm stashing them in "X-Rcpt-To" at the moment, for lack of anything better, but if there's even a marginal ad-hoc standard for it I'd like to be consistent.

Oh, and some MTAs put them in Delivered-To: lines at the top of the message, after
the Return-Path:.

Technically I believe that is usually the final delivery address, after local rewrite/de-tag/alias transformations, NOT the original sender envelope. For example, my Postfix config adds these headers above its Received header for mail from this list:

The X-Original-To address goes through 2 transformations to become the Delivered-To address, which wouldn't work for a non-local SMTP sender in any case.