Where I see freemail addresses in the reply-to in valid mail is in
various mailing list platforms, ones that work around DMARC blocking
by rewriting the from, then moving the original poster's email address
to the reply-to, to allow for off-list replies. Not so much that I'm
looking to argue whether or not this is valid or really common or
should be allowed, just saying that I see it today. :)

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Ken O'Driscoll <k...@wemonitoremail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 14:50 +0100, David Hofstee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can people here share their experience (or spamfilter configuration) with
>> differing 5322.From and 5322.Reply-To domains in larger volumes of
>> email?
>
> Completely agree with Vladimir and Al, it's common practice.
>
> The only exception I can think of, is if the reply-to was a freemail
> address. And, even then, you couldn't 100% assume the mail is bad because
> legitimate users can use email in strange ways.
>
> Ken.
>
> --
> Ken O'Driscoll / We Monitor Email
> t: +353 1 254 9400 | w: www.wemonitoremail.com
>
> Need to understand deliverability? Now there's a book:
> www.wemonitoremail.com/book

al iverson // wombatmail // miami
http://www.aliverson.com
http://www.spamresource.com