Jay, I'm not speaking for Spamhaus or 1&1 here, but some hosting providers
do outbound spam detection, and treat outbound mail that they believe is
spammy in a different way than their customers' less suspicious outbound
mail. In 1&1's case, it appears that they route the suspicious outbound
mail via IPs that they've reserved for this purpose. Receivers can then set
up a policy for how to treat that suspicious mail. I presume 1&1 asked
Spamhaus to list those special-purpose outbound IPs as a courtesy.

Microsoft Office 365 takes a similar approach and tags suspicious outbound
messages with a header that identifies them as suspect.

Paul Kincaid-Smith
EmailGrades