Hi Rob,

Isn't it time conclude that "separate IP blacklists" combined with
"separate content filters" are not sufficient any more? Because you need
one to interact with the other? You need the content filter to steer the IP
blacklist (and other traffic limiting methods like throttling and
greylisting).

In this sense, many IP blacklists have always been indicators of reputation
instead of being used to block traffic "without questions". Adding to a
spam score.

I think that these more complicated spam filters need a lot of data to work
(both the email and how people react to it). That is not easy to obtain for
smaller domains. I guess there is a technical challenge in that...

Yours,

David

My opinion is mine.