Michael, the two sample accounts you sent privately had no safesenders at all.
We have some tech that rescues junk senders that are frequently read, and junks
inboxed senders that get no reads etc.  this will make panel users differ from
the larger population if for example the panel automation is reading all mails
in junk or it deletes without opening all the inbox.
(I expect other “receivers” have similar user behavior systems or heuristics so
worth sharing this info on this mailing list. )

Years ago we had some simplistic implicit safesender and blocksender lists, but
those are dynamic now part of the filter I described.
I don’t exclude the possibility of a bug but please send some sample headers to
investigate.
Plus we’ve dumbed down in the area of headers and we’re now showing all the
inner workings so you can check wl: and abwl: in message delivery if it hit
whitelist or address book.

On the other suggestion of skipping filtering for blocked sender mail.  That
makes sense for ancient rule sets, but modern systems use filtering metadata to
feed machine learning systems. It is wise to evaluate all mail to not introduce
bias in the training data.