Hi Michael,

> how long they have been in business
I've seen emails from them since 2009

> how big the IP space is
I can't say; they used other ranges back in 2009, but that can legitimately
evolve over the years

> and their relationship to the parent in the SWIP, etc..
You won't get any reliable WHOIS information from China. They have a limited
number of operators (and ASNs) and a NIR (CNNIC) that doesn't require to
declare who the IP space is used by.

> And whether the ESP is actually from china, or a North American operator
> operating off shore..
Chinese from China. They might have a few Chinese clients sending emails in
other countries, OR could be starting to expand in North America (although I
didn't witness that), but it's very unlikely they are operating off shore. One
of the main reason is that they send emails from Chinese IPs, and you just
can't do that if you're not from there.

Cheers,
--
Benjamin