On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 00:14:59 +0000, Steven Champeon via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>We recently refused mail from a potential licensee because their own
>Forefront server labeled it as spam. Authenticated, outbound, and so on,
>and they still thought it was worthy of rejecting, so we rejected it (I
>still don't quite understand why once a message has been determined to
>be spam it is still relayed - but I don't have that many X-headers to
>draw on).

Outgoing mail has the same filter set applied to it as incoming mail.  If an
item earns a spammy score, it is marked as such and normally sent out a "high
risk" IP pool.  It is occasionally necessary to track down false positives,
and:

>          Is there anything at all about these headers that has value?

They have value in that they give information that can be useful in
troubleshooting.

Disclaimer:  I left my office, down the hall from Michael's, a litte over five
years ago.  Just before they moved everybody out of offices and into the
newly-faddish "open plan" workplace hell.

mdr
--
   If Jurassic Park had been about email, Jeff Goldblum would be known
   for saying "Spammers, uh, find a way".

      -- David Carriger of Infusionsoft, after noting that some spammers
         they hosed off the deck had found a new home elsewhere.