On 2021-07-30 11:30, mailop--- via mailop wrote:

I'm not sure that anyone can offer me anything other than sympathy but I'm open to any advice or suggestions.

These huge freemail providers are killing email. Mail was never supposed to be so centralized. We're just managing our misery here. It's totally arbitrary. The limit could be anywhere for any IP range and may change at any time. Fix it now, it breaks tomorrow, no feedback because of the operational imperatives of having millions of mailboxes.

I had a customer renting villas and they just kept getting junked in hotmail and gmail when replying to mails from customers (website mail forms are useless nowadays). So I sent them to Rackspace. Thought a bigger service would be better handled by the freemail services. Now they're on the phone all the time because of outright IP blocks. I think in the last month they've been on rackspace support 3 times due to outright hotmail blocks.

At least at my tiny MX they could get their mail sent to the junk box.  Now they're just not sending at all. Whatever, at least I got that headache away from me. There's no point selling MX services below a certain threshold nowadays.

I'd try to get everyone in your group totally out of freemail services and install a decent webmail interface, or just use a relay. Also teach them to add everyone else to their safe sender lists / filters as a minimum. Or use a different channel you can control and build a community with, like a forum or a mastodon/pleroma server or something. Groups are now in the featureset, I read. If that fits your use case, of course.

Good luck
--GM