> If this was an intentional listing by SpamHaus, I applaud them doing
> a 'shot over the bow'..

XBL listings should be all automated? https://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/

However, there is the fact that

https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/google.com

has, at the moment, 342 intentional (manually created) listings.

> There should no longer be a 'too big to
> block' get out of jail free card.

On the other hand, any larger reputation service listing the outbound
mail servers of Gmail, O365 or Yahoo would be a recipe for disaster.

> Even our threat mitigation teams are now working on Gmail specific
> rulesets, and more 'rejection' instead of 'filtering' especially
> with the obvious bad junk.. but they aren't very far from where
> other RBL's will start joining policies and actions that demand
> accountability.
>

> On 2021-08-31 4:36 a.m., Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
> >Google is a huge source of spam, particularly B2B spam. There’s an
> >entire industry built of companies selling plugins and other
> >services that allow you to spam through your G Suite account. Yes,
> >Google blocks outbound (for 24 hours) if one user sends more than
> >1000(?) messages a day. But the businesses just run multiple G
> >Suite accounts. In “good” news, a lot of this mail is thrown away
> >or dropped on the floor by filters, but companies tell me that
> >it’s hugely profitable, so much so that they’d rather buy another
> >set of domains / G suite account than give up the spam.
> >
> >laura
> >

> >>On 31 Aug 2021, at 11:04, Tim Bray via mailop <mailop@mailop.org
> >><mailto:mailop@mailop.org>> wrote:
> >>
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I noticed that a google IPv6 address was recently listed in spamhaus XBL.
> >>
> >>2607:f8b0:4864:20::82c at  2021-08-30 19:27:45 UTC
> >>
> >>I just thought this a bit unusual and worth a mention.  Probably
> >>the first time I've seen spamhaus block a genuine sender (to me)
> >>

> --
> "Catch the Magic of Linux..."
> Michael Peddemors, President/CEO LinuxMagic Inc.
> Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic
> A Wizard IT Company - For More Info http://www.wizard.ca
> "LinuxMagic" a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

Atro Tossavainen, Chairman of the Board
Infinite Mho Oy, Helsinki, Finland
tel. +358-44-5000 600, http://www.infinitemho.fi/