On 8/31/21 03:04, Tim Bray via mailop wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed that a google IPv6 address was recently listed in spamhaus XBL.

2607:f8b0:4864:20::82c at  2021-08-30 19:27:45 UTC

I just thought this a bit unusual and worth a mention.  Probably the first time I've seen spamhaus block a genuine sender (to me)

Gmail is a very significant source of spam, I'm not sure why anyone would classify them as a genuine sender.

Within their IPv6 space, Google can map individual gmail accounts to sending addresses with extreme granularity. They could in theory assign each Gmail account a unique address with trillions left over. This would severely limit collateral damage.

https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/2607:f8b0:4864:20::82d

confirms 'has been detected 1 times in the last month. It has been removed 1 times.'

Any thoughts?

Bring it on, Spamhaus.

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net