On Thu, 2 Sep 2021, Ken Johnson via mailop wrote:

I recently needed to send a software key to a remote colleague who needed to
reinstall some commercial software after re-installing Windows.  However,
after the key failed to authorize, an investigation determined that the key
was corrupt in the email he received from me.  The first line of the key was
truncated and repeated.  This message only passes through the company email
server, so the problem is limited in scope.  (I have transmitted the key in
another way in the meantime.)

The key is 6 lines of plain text, visible non-blank ascii characters only.
The first line of the key is:

PXP70-KK4tQ6fJQYAI32PugLL4GK9pJOZT4ocM9J0ICAoharwSAYhplSMpFm+n+b2xJ65hNI043

which becomes:

PXP70-KK4tQ6fJQYAI32PugLL4GK9pJOZT4ocM9J0ICAoharwSAYhplSMpFm+n+b2xJ65hNI
PXP70-KK4tQ6fJQYAI32PugLL4GK9pJOZT4ocM9J0ICAoharwSAYhplSMpFm+n+043

by the time it is delivered to my remote colleague.  This is repeatable, and
this symptom also occurs if I send this key to another colleague working in
the same remote location.  It does not occur if I send this key to myself.
We are using different email clients.

If the cause of this problem is obvious but overlooked by me, please let me
know.  Thanks.

ASCII 'b' is octal 043.
I'm guessing that some part of ...+n+ is triggering something to encode the following text for "protection from corruption" :-(

The email encoding protocols I know use "?" rather than "+" so I
cannot take you any further ...

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk