Hi y'all,

I resolved my Microsoft blocking my Linode IPv4 address issue. I posted several times here as it
was happening, so this is a recap:

Microsoft's mitigation process is fragile and complex, perhaps intentionally.

1. It requests forwarding the bounce message. My mailer (standard Dovecot + Postfix) adds a couple of attachments to the message. Microsoft will reject messages with attachments
and not do anything. So you must remove the attachments before forwarding.

2. Microsoft's mitigation process handles both Office365 issues and outlook.com etc issues. They seem to make no distinction in the error messages. My bounces indicated it was an Office365 issue, but I followed that process several times with no result. Finally, I filed an outlook.com delisting ticket, and after some back and forth they delisted me. I wish Microsoft had a better system for communicating WHICH platform is blocking and
the process for that platform.

3. After several tries, the Office365 mitigation process just stopped working. After the forward I receive an email saying "we will respond in 24 hours". The first few times, this incuded a link to the Office365 delisting process. But at some point, Microsoft stopped responding. I would get the "we will respond" email, but never anything more. It was blamed on huge traffic from Linode, but that wasn't the case (as it happened several times over many days
and I NEVER got a response).

I truly appreciate the help I received from this list, and it is fantastic that there are Microsoft, Linode (and other companies) people here contributing. That made it easier for me to find the
solution.

Linode has a mediocre reputation (I think this is undeserved) for IP cleanliness. I contacted Linode and they offered me an IP address known to be clean w/r/t Microsoft filtering. Changing a mailer's IP address is a dramatic operation so I haven't yet decided to go through with this. But they were professional, helpful, and I have been using them for 15+ years,
and probably close to 10 on my current IPv4 address.

The reason I think their reputation is undeserved: I asked for better hosters, and did receive some recommendations. I checked these, calling one and speaking with Sales, and reading the websites of the others. They had no special restrictions or filters regarding email, the sales person I spoke to just said "we don't allow spammers". My guess is that they are cleaner IP addresses mostly because they are smaller, and spammers don't flock to them.

Linode has been pretty good to me, and very responsive. There seems to be a pile-on attitude
regarding them as mail servers, and in my opinion it is undeserved.

Thanks to all who contributed and helped me!

John