Från: Edgaras | SENDER via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Skickat: den 2 mars 2022 10:56
Till: mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Ämne: [mailop] What the f**k, Google?

Hi all,

sorry, I can't describe the stupidity and incompetence of Gmail systems lately
without resorting to expletives. Seriously everyone, see for yourselves.

Gmail is now accepting mail from Spamhaus EDROP listed spam ranges:

176.56.220.0/24 <http://176.56.220.0/24>
176.56.221.0/24 <http://176.56.221.0/24>
176.56.222.0/24 <http://176.56.222.0/24>

Which are all included here in https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL442803

None of those networks are included in our SPF, which has -all.

From,To,CC,Subject,Date headers are all oversigned to prevent DKIM replay
attacks.

And yet Gmail still somehow accepts mail from these ranges, and thinks it's
authenticated.

Google, how much more of a stink there has to be for someone to pay attention
to this issue? I did not publicize this issue on purpose - so that other
spammers would not take advantage of this weakness in your spam filter. Do we
have to announce this on Hacker News, Reddit and elsewhere? I don't think that
it's only our domain's reputation being abused this way, and a lot of people
are exposed to spam/scams, so we will have to go public if this does not get
fixed urgently.

PS: The following networks are also participating in this attack, so it's safe
to presume they are under the control of the same spam gang, which operates the
above-mentioned networks in DROP list. Spamhaus, I know you're on the list -
feel free to escalate those listings to DROP:

103.110.248.0/24 <http://103.110.248.0/24>
103.110.249.0/24 <http://103.110.249.0/24>
103.110.251.0/24 <http://103.110.251.0/24>
103.205.17.0/24 <http://103.205.17.0/24>