Från: Anne Mitchell via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Skickat: den 23 april 2022 22:38
Till: Michael Orlitzky via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Ämne: [mailop] Interesting passage from the new EU Digital Services Act

"Where an online platform becomes aware of any information giving rise to a
suspicion that a serious criminal offence involving a threat to the life or
safety of persons has taken place, is taking place or is likely to take place,
it shall promptly inform the law enforcement or judicial authorities of the
Member State or Member States concerned of its suspicion and provide all
relevant information available."

Hrrrm... I wonder whether the online platforms of which we are ware who know
full well that phishing is happening on their platform have promptly informed
law enforcement.

Note that the DSA explicitly states that it applies to entities outside of the
EU as well as within the EU.

(Our write-up of our first impressions of how we see the DSA being applied to
email is here, and includes the full text of the DSA:
https://www.isipp.com/what-the-eus-new-digital-services-act-means-for-email-marketing/)

Anne

---
Anne P. Mitchell,  Esq.
CEO Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook Board of Directors, Denver Internet
Exchange Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School Prof.
Emeritus, Lincoln Law School Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, MAPS: Mail Abuse Prevention System (now the anti-spam
division of TrendMicro)