On 10/07/2022 9:54 am, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
Dnia  9.07.2022 o godz. 13:53:46 Anne Mitchell via mailop pisze:
To those of you who aren't already aware of it, Google has asked the
Federal Election Commission for an opinion about Google's 'pilot project'
to allow political candidates and campaigns to bypass Google's spam
filters.
Don't they realize that USA is not the whole world, Google has a lot of
users from outside the USA who are completely uninterested in the American
elections?

If at all, they should run this "pilot project" strictly for users from the
USA only.

Also I don't see any difference between political spam, commercial spam or
religious spam - all these are equally spam to me - but as a non-American,
my opinion on that matter is not that important.

This. My gmail account started receiving unsolicited political spam favouring US candidates a couple of years ago and it hasn't stopped; they get reported as spam just like every other time someone deliberately, randomly gives over my gmail.com address when signing up for things.  (Ask me about how i've rented cars, or somehow become part of a university alumni, from thousands of miles away!)

If your political mailouts can't achieve 'good' reputation for delivery on their own, you should not be able to lobby ISP's and MSP's to treat them differently. There are plenty of ways to get your political messages out.

Mark.