Is it normal to request such an opinion? As someone who doesn't follow business of the FEC but obviously takes interest in the topic, it seems odd to me though that may be due to the formerly mentioned thing.

Earlier this year we saw a huge increase in email business resulting from Google's handling of free Gsuite accounts. Dare I say the rest of us might benefit from Google saying "You're going to take these emails and like it." I'll certainly not be quick to try to gain favor from any political parties by attempting the same.

On 2022-07-09 14:53, Anne Mitchell via mailop wrote:
To those of you who aren't already aware of it, Google has asked the
Federal Election Commission for an opinion about Google's 'pilot
project' to allow political candidates and campaigns to bypass
Google's spam filters.

This was just published by the FEC to the public yesterday, because
Friday is when they publish their "what happened this week" notice to
the public.  Here is the info:

https://www.fec.gov/updates/week-of-july-4-8-2022/

You can mail your comments to the FEC at a...@fec.gov.

The window for comments closes this Monday, July 11.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell, Attorney at Law
CEO Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)