On Wed 14/Sep/2022 00:09:49 +0200 Jim Popovitch wrote:
On Tue, 2022-09-13 at 15:56 -0600, Grant Taylor via mailop wrote:
On 9/13/22 3:33 PM, Jim Popovitch via mailop wrote:

It's not hard to do, it's just not super easy.

Try writing down all the things that you've done and would need to re-do if you were to build a mail server anew to comply with the same standards that you're complying with now.

My list would be:

Reputable hosting company, or BYOIP
Reputable domain and TLD.
FCrDNS
SPF
DKIM > 1024b and rotated regularly.
DMARC as either reject or quarantine.
Making sure your system doesn't backscatter.
Sign up at dnswl.org

No blacklisting/ abuse reporting?

You may want to compare your list to the one Carlos wrote in that blogpost[*]
(abbreviated):

    * Let's keep antispam measures.
    * Change blacklisting protocols so they are not permanent.
    * Blacklists should not include whole IP blocks.
    * Stop blackholing.
    * There should be a recourse for legitimate servers. I'm not asking for a
blank check. I don't mind doing some paperwork or paying a fee to prove I'm
legit. Spammers will not do that, and if they do, they will get blacklisted
anyways after sending more spam.

(I didn't abbreviate the last one, which I think matches dnswl.org
subscription.)

Best
Ale
--