Dňa 20. októbra 2022 16:50:56 UTC používateľ Grant Taylor via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:
>On 10/20/22 10:32 AM, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
>> I consider this being purely a connectivity thing.
>
>Except that it's not a /connectivity/ thing.  At least not on any OSI layer.
>The rejection that you are advocating for is sent across / over / through the
>established connection.  So, no, I don't believe it's a /connectivity/ thing.
>
>Do you call the pone company to report a problem calling a phone number when
>they answer the call, say "I'm not talking to you.", and hang up on you?

Interesting. When the other side will be machine, which is expected
to "talk" with me, i will consider to complain.

IMO you are wrong about "not on any OSI layer" as SMTP is L7,
and rejecting connection is against RFC5321 (without good --
i understand attack/abuse -- reason, see sect 7.9).

IMO the rest  depends on point of view, my is that because whole
rejection is IP based, it is L3 thing, and doesn't matter that it
happens in L7. Other point of view can be, that it is L7 thing,
as all previous layers was success. Sameone other can consider
the connection as SMTP stage, before client sends EHLO, etc...

But that doesn't matter, as it is wrong at all.

But yes, you changed my mind about t-online.de blocking. You
are right, that i drop to their (bad) level by that.

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/