This looks like a message that maybe might've been sent to a reflectiv.net
address (perhaps the one advertised on your website? contact at
reflectiv.net?) and then automatically forwarded by Mailgun (which hosts
inbound mail for reflectiv.net) to a Google account (since Mailgun probably
doesn't do mailbox hosting).

That's just purely a guess, based on

   1. X-Mailgun-Incoming: Yes

appearing in the headers, and the MX record for reflectiv.net, and the
message coming to Google with the following Return-Path:

   1. Return-Path: <bounce+3dbf11.71c471-{redacted}=gmail....@reflectiv.net>

Does that sound plausible?

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 4:07 PM Cyril - ImprovMX via mailop <
mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Today, I received a spam ("I got full access to your computer and
> installed a trojan" kind of email). In general, I completely ignore these,
> but today was different:
>
> The sender and recipient were my own email! What's odd is that I did
> configure SPF (granted, with a "~") but also a DMARC reject policy.
>
> Looking at the email headers and also the output from GMail, both SPF and
> DKIM were successful ("pass"), which means the sender, somehow, was able to
> send an email using my account.
>
> I would love your input on the issue, but here are my thoughts so far:
>
> 1. My account was compromised, and the password was leaked, allowing that
> user to send an email with my account. This would make sense, but the
> sending account was only used to be configured within GMail. As soon as the
> password was generated, I pasted it on GMail and never saved it elsewhere.
> 2. Theoretically, if I were to create an account on Mailgun, I would be
> able to send an email from my account and have a valid SPF for any other
> services that use Mailgun too (since their SPF would include Mailgun's
> IPs), but it wouldn't explain the valid DKIM though. For this, Mailgun
> should only allow my account to be able to send using my domain.
> 3. Did Mailgun have any database leak that I wasn't aware of?
>
> Of course, as soon as I saw this email, I generated a new password for my
> account, but I still wonder how this could have happened. I would
> appreciate if you had any insights I've missed that would make sense.
>
> Here are the headers from the email with my end email redacted:
> https://pastebin.com/knqbTa8K
>
> Thank you!

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* todd.h...@valimail.com
*m:* 703.220.4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.