Hello,

first message to this list. I have been lurking for a while, and I learned a lot here. Thank you.

I operate a personal e-mail server, and, as soon as I started self-hosting, I requested a static IP from my ISP, moving records as I changed to a different provider.

During the move, I was relying on the "retry" period of the SMTP protocol, which worked just fine.

Still, it generates an error message to the sender. I was looking to "split" my server, having the MX (inbound) at a cloud provider (OVH), and keeping outbound SMTP on the IP provided by my ISP.

I see many posts saying that e-mails from cloud providers such as OVH are blocked outright by many. That had me wondering if it's a good idea to proceed with this plan, as I may not be able to receive messages from senders under these operators.

That'd assume the block is inbound and outbound, instead of inbound-only. Is that the case?

One more thing, would a set up like this interfere with my "score", so to speak?

Once again, thank you.

Kind regards,
Alberto Abrao