Hello world,

It was reported in Finnish news today https://yle.fi/a/74-20014495 that
the city of Kuopio (#8 largest in the country) is unable to send email
to addresses served by Google and that this would be expected to last
for about two weeks.

According to the comments in the article, the reason for the problems
was a problem on the email server of the city which caused the domain
name kuopio.fi to end up on a block list at Google.

The news article links to a press release from the city itself. It says
that for about a week, the city has had problems sending email from
Microsoft environments to Google accounts.

I am not affiliated with the city of Kuopio or their ICT partner
Istekki myself, I'm just watching this as a curious onlooker.

Based on what I see in spamtraps, "sending email from Microsoft environments"
isn't happening. 100% of the (very small amount of) email genuinely sent
from the City of Kuopio is sent from a dedicated server managed by Istekki
which is not a Microsoft environment.

If there is anything that should be reported back to the City of Kuopio
or their ICT partners, I'm happy to act as the local conduit. :-D

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)